Learn to draw manga blog

Saturday 25 June 2011

How to draw manga website!

My new website www.learn-to-draw-manga.com is up and it's targeting anyone at any level who wants to learn how to draw manga. Here's my intro for the Hompage of the site I'd advise you check it out ^^

Welcome to learn-to-draw-manga ! If you've ever wanted to learn how to draw manga / anime this site is perfect for you. This site has a series of tutorials I made to help ANYONE draw manga. Whether you can sketch up a ninja war in a matter of seconds or fail to draw a window, the tutorials on this site will give you a kick start on developing your manga-drawing skills. Get drawing straight away by clicking on one of the tutorials on the left side bar !

My name is Tomas and I am the creator of this site. From a young age the Japanese art of manga has always fascinated me and I've tried my hardest to bring myself up to the skill levels of the well known manga artists today. As a huge fan of Bleach , Naruto , Death note and more I began to dream of writing my own manga. The fact is I started, and I will not give up. Hopefully in the future I will be able to post my manga on this site and accomplish my dream. The whole reason for me telling you this story though is the fact that while I was creating and jotting down ideas for my manga I thought, what if there are other people out there with my dream but with no help on how to achieve it ? (obviously everyone isn't born a talented manga artist).

And no, I'm not going to stop babbling on about manga and dreams. While browsing through endless manga tutorials throughout Google and other search engines I will say I came across some good sites, but none matched the DETAIL and DEPTH I wanted them to go into. I wanted to know how to draw a nose not from only the side view, I wanted to learn how to draw one from ABOVE ! BELOW ! FROM 148.930 DEGREES ! Then there were backgrounds , buildings , even how to draw something as simple as rainfall ! Bushes , trees , rocks , clouds ! And much much more ! ... *straightens himself up* You're probably thinking I'm crazy right now but I insist please read on..

SO.

I decided to make this site to help inspire people and help those who need just that motivational boost to get that manga started !

Here's how it works :

Each link on the side bar gives you a general tutorial for the subject for example, drawing the head. Then within that tutorial there will be more in depth tutorials on how to draw the specific features of that subject, for example :

In Drawing the head :
There's
- Drawing the eyes - Drawing the Nose - Drawing the ears etc.

AND one more thing ..

If you ARE a beginner there's no need to worry, I have made these tutorials as easy as possible to follow. With step by step images to assist your practice, in no time you'll be able to draw up your own characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment